HOW TO JOIN
Do I Qualify?
Effective October 1st, 2021, the salary cap is increasing to $20/hr. and the supplement scale will reflect the figures at the link below. Applicants who applied prior to September 2nd, 2021 will be awarded under the previous supplement scale.
In order to be eligible for a salary supplement with Child Care WAGE$® TENNESSEE, teachers must meet the following qualifications:
- Work in a TN Department of Human Services licensed child care program.
- Earn $20 or less per hour.
- Have one of the education levels listed in our Salary Supplement Scale. CDA’s MUST be submitted with a transcript showing completed college coursework. (Credits must be from a regionally accredited school)
- Have worked at least six months in the same child care program with children ages birth to five at least 10 hours per week.
- Be employed at this same child care program when funding is available, and a final confirmation has been completed.
Early educators who meet these qualifications are eligible to receive the salary supplement that corresponds with their education level mentioned in the Salary Supplement Scale above.
Download our most recent application or give us a call at 423-698-8528 #650 or #651 to request one be mailed or faxed to you. When filling out the application please take your time, write legibly, and complete the entire form. Note that your employer is also responsible for filling out and signing a portion of the application.
- Employee: Send a copy of a current pay stub (we only need one) that accurately reflects your normal schedule. If you work 40 hours per week, your pay stub should show very close to 40 hours.
- Family Child Care Owner: Submit Schedule C from your most recently filed taxes.
- Facility Owner: Please supply your most recent 1040 tax form, all supporting schedules, and the W-2 form. If you file jointly, the W-2 forms from both parties must be submitted. Additional tax documentation may be requested if necessary.
Submit official transcripts by mail for ALL college coursework completed at a regionally accredited college or university. Official transcripts are generally printed on special school paper for security purposes and may also feature a stamped school seal. Copied or faxed transcripts cannot be accepted. Workshops and training hours are not acceptable documentation. Review our Transcript Tips for more information.
Note: If your college or university has the technology (E.g. WebAdvisor) that allows us to download your grades, we can potentially do so on your behalf. To begin this process, fill out and return the Internet Transcript Permission Form.
Child Care WAGE$® TENNESSEE
109 N. Germantown Road
Chattanooga, TN 37411
If you have any questions, call a WAGE$ counselor at 423-698-8528 #650 or #651 and we will walk you through every step. We are available by phone Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm EST.